- 1 What is Jakarta best known for?
- 2 What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
- 3 What are some good things about Jakarta?
- 4 How many days do you need in Jakarta?
- 5 Is Jakarta safe?
- 6 Why is Jakarta so popular?
- 7 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 8 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 10 What is the culture of Jakarta?
- 11 Is Jakarta a good city?
- 12 What is the size of Jakarta?
- 13 What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
- 14 Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
What is Jakarta best known for?
Jakarta is a city that is famous for its malls but the biggest of these is Taman Anggrek Mall in the west of the city. As well as retail outlets you will also find cafes and eateries all over the mall and it is well worth a trip to see some of Jakarta’s famous mall culture firsthand.
What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,143.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
What are some good things about Jakarta?
6 Best Things to Do in Jakarta
- Enjoy the Best Bars with Beautiful Views. One of my favorite things about Jakarta is the nightlife.
- Experience the Luxury Hotels.
- Monas – The National Monument.
- Visit the Thousand Islands.
- Enjoy the nightlife.
- Go to the malls.
How many days do you need in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
Is Jakarta safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Why is Jakarta so popular?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
Jakarta is surrounded by a cluster of a thousand islands, and Bidadari Island has the best beaches around Jakarta. One can get to it by simply taking a 30-minute boat ride. The cottages facing the seaside are the perfect setting for a stress-free weekend away from the bustle of life.
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
Here are our recommendations about the top 10 things to do in Jakarta on weekends.
- Kota Tua (Old Town Jakarta) Source: Google Maps.
- Ancol. Allianz Ecopark, Ancol Source: Google Maps.
- Dufan. Dunia Fantasi.
- Monumen Nasional.
- Double-decker Jakarta Tour Bus #JakartaExplorer.
- Museum Macan.
- Ragunan Zoo.
- Jakarta Mangrove Forest.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
What is the culture of Jakarta?
The people are mostly of Malay and Polynesian descent, with over 300 ethnic groups and subgroups represented. Due to its long history as a key trading post, Jakarta is also home to immigrant minorities of Chinese, Arabic and Persian descent.
Is Jakarta a good city?
Jakarta, Indonesia, is characterized by reasonably priced housing. According to our city rankings, this is a good place to live with high ratings in cost of living, safety and leisure & culture. Jakarta is one of the top ten city matches for 0.4% of Teleport users.
What is the size of Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
The best time to visit Jakarta is from June to September when the weather is pleasant with a fair possibility of rainfall. Being a subtropical region, the weather in Jakarta is warm and humid throughout the year. There are two major seasons in Jakarta – Dry Season (May – September) and Wet Season (October to April).
Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
By western standards, Indonesia is an extremely cheap country to live or travel in. As a rough guide to the costs of staying in Indonesia, some typical prices of useful items are quoted below. The exchange rate is approximately 1 USD = 9,000 Rupiah, 1 GBP = 16,000 Rp or 1 EUR = 11,000 Rp.