- 1 Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
- 2 What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
- 3 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 4 How Safe Is Bali?
- 5 How much does rent cost in Indonesia?
- 6 Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
- 7 What is the most valuable currency?
- 8 Which is the least expensive currency?
- 9 What is money called in Bali?
- 10 What currency is used in Surabaya?
Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How Safe Is Bali?
Bali is safe to visit. And whilst petty crime does pose a little bit of a problem, there were ‘only’ a total of 3,347 criminal cases recorded. That’s 1 case per 1,700 tourists and that’s a number that down from the year before. Violent crime itself is relatively low as well.
How much does rent cost in Indonesia?
Rental prices for a house in a location like Jakarta range from $1,000 per month to $10,000 per month for a luxurious property. Prices are much cheaper in other parts of Indonesia. For example, you can rent a fully furnished 3 bedroom, apartment in Kuta for as little as USD $500 per month.
Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
India is 28.2% cheaper than Indonesia.
What is the most valuable currency?
The 10 most valuable currencies in the world
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- U.S. Dollar (USD)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- European Euro (EUR)
- British Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Jordanian Dinar (JOD) (Mohammed Talatene/AP Images)
- Omani Rial (OMR) (Alexander Farnsworth/AP Images)
- Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD) (AP Photo/Greg Gibson)
Which is the least expensive currency?
The Iranian Rial is the least valued currency in the world. It is the lowest currency to USD. For the simplification of calculations, Iranians regularly use the term ‘Toman’.
What is money called in Bali?
The Rupiah comes in notes of 1000, meaning you will most often be dealing with amounts of 10,000 on your travels in Bali – which can get confusing! Coins do exist and are in circulation in Indonesia, but they are not commonly used. Denominations of coins are 25, 50,100, 200, 500 and 1,000.
What currency is used in Surabaya?
The currency used in Surabaya is Rupiah and it can be changed at the airport without any commission.