- 1 Can you get a SIM card in Bali?
- 2 Where can I buy SIM card in Indonesia?
- 3 Where should I get a SIM card?
- 4 Will my cell phone work in Bali?
- 5 How can I get internet in Bali?
- 6 How do I top up my SIM card in Indonesia?
- 7 How do I activate my Telkomsel SIM card?
- 8 What is SIM card called in Indonesia?
- 9 What is the best currency to use in Bali?
- 10 Will my cell phone work in Indonesia?
- 11 Can you just buy a SIM card?
- 12 Do you pay monthly for a SIM card?
- 13 Can a phone work without a SIM card?
Can you get a SIM card in Bali?
SIM cards on Bali are very affordable. No need anymore to pay a crazy amount of money for roaming. For 10 USD you can be online for 30 days with a package of 4 GB. Local SIM cards can be used as long as you have an unlocked phone.
Where can I buy SIM card in Indonesia?
The most obvious place to find a SIM card in Indonesia is at a major airport, like in Jakarta or Bali. A number of cell phone companies will have little booths as you’re making your way out, and it’s easy to pick up cards here.
Where should I get a SIM card?
You can buy a SIM card from the carrier where you are subscribing to. If you lose a SIM card, you can purchase another one from your carrier. The prices of SIM cards vary from retailer to retailer, depending on how many minutes you are seeking to talk, the number of texts.
Will my cell phone work in Bali?
Check with your carrier. Otherwise, you might need to get a SIM card. If you can’t use your phone internationally, you can still use your cell phone in Bali if it’s a GSM (Global Systems for Mobiles) phone. Telkomsel (Indonesia) is the most popular phone network and uses 2 GSM bands, 1 UMTS band, and 2 LTE bands.
How can I get internet in Bali?
How to get Internet Access in Bali?
- Internet Cafe. Many cafe’s offer free Internet access. Buy a coffee or two.
- WarTel. (War = Warung = Roadside Stall) (Tel= Telephone). Some of these have PCs and Internet access. Pay by the hour.
- Wireless mobile Internet access rental.
How do I top up my SIM card in Indonesia?
Recharge Indonesia mobile credit or data bundle in three simple steps:
- Select the recipient country and enter phone number.
- Select top up amount and click Pay Now to make payment.
- Pay and receive. After payment is made, your recipient mobile will be recharged!
How do I activate my Telkomsel SIM card?
Subscribers are required to register their prepaid number using the Primary Identification Number (NIK) in electronic ID card or Family Card (KK) and KK number. Existing customers of simPATI, Kartu As, and LOOP can re-register by sending SMS to 4444 by typing ULANG
What is SIM card called in Indonesia?
Top 3 Indonesian SIM Card Provider To Choose Telkomsel, the biggest mobile operator in Indonesia has the best coverage, especially in the outer islands. Telkomsel is a safe bet for tourists planning to go into remote destinations. Telkomsel’s most popular SIM Card is called SimPATI.
What is the best currency to use in Bali?
Better to take hard currency and change when you arrive. Pounds are acceptable, as are euros, but US or Australian dollars are better regarded and generally secure the best rates.
Will my cell phone work in Indonesia?
If your IMEI is not registered in Indonesia then you can only use your phone with your overseas SIM card. If you want to use an Indonesian SIM card in your phone then you will need to register your phone and pay the import taxes.
Can you just buy a SIM card?
Can I buy a new SIM card? The answer is yes. If your SIM card is not working or you simply want to change your cell number, you can buy a new SIM card. But, remember that changing your card means also changing your phone number.
Do you pay monthly for a SIM card?
With a SIM-only plan, you pay a certain monthly amount for data, calls, and texts. A SIM-only plan is more flexible than pay-monthly contracts. As a rule, SIM-only deals are much cheaper than pay-monthly contracts because you do not need to pay back your telco for the cost of your handset.
Can a phone work without a SIM card?
The short answer, yes. Your Android smartphone will totally work without a SIM card. In fact, you can do almost everything you can do with it right now, without paying a carrier anything or using a SIM card. All you need is Wi-Fi (internet access), a few different apps, and a device to use.