- 1 What is the most popular food in Bali?
- 2 Is Bali expensive to eat?
- 3 What should I eat for dinner in Bali?
- 4 Is it safe to eat street food in Bali?
- 5 What is the national dish of Bali?
- 6 What can you not eat in Bali?
- 7 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 8 Why is Bali so cheap to visit?
- 9 How much is a Coke in Bali?
- 10 What is a traditional Balinese breakfast?
- 11 How much are meals in Bali?
- 12 What part of Bali should I stay in?
- 13 What is illegal in Bali?
- 14 When should I avoid Bali?
- 15 What is the coldest month in Bali?
What is the most popular food in Bali?
Top 10 Foods You Must Eat In Bali
- Pisang Goreng. Let’s start with dessert.
- Mie Goreng. A classic Indonesian staple of fried noodles is often served with vegetables and a choice of chicken, shrimp or pork.
- Nasi Goreng.
- Babi Guling.
- Nasi Campur.
- Bebek Betutu.
- Mini Rijsttafel.
Is Bali expensive to eat?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.
What should I eat for dinner in Bali?
THE BEST OF LOCAL FOOD IN BALI
- Babi Guling. Babi Guling is Bali’s spice-rubbed, spit-roasted staple (photo credit: Jack the Traveller via Flickr)
- Nasi Campur. Nasi Campur is the bit-of-everything dish that we LOVE! (
- Sate Lilit Ikan.
- Bebek Betutu.
- Nasi/Mie Goreng.
- Sambal Matah.
Is it safe to eat street food in Bali?
Generally yes! The demand for authentic Indonesian food is high, thus many warungs and street vendors sell a high volume and food is usually safe and fresh.
What is the national dish of Bali?
This should be classed as the national dish of Indonesia— Nasi Goreng literally means fried rice in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, and is a popular staple here in Bali.
What can you not eat in Bali?
Try to go to the more popular dining venues and if you have any doubts at all, avoid fish, chicken or meat dishes. Generally, eating in venues that are more popular and reputed is going to decrease the likelihood of exposure to Bali belly.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Why is Bali so cheap to visit?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How much is a Coke in Bali?
Soft Drinks such as coke, sprite (Average USD 0.7-1.5 bottle ) Beer (Average USD 2-4 per bottle)
What is a traditional Balinese breakfast?
Black Sticky Rice in Coconut Milk For breakfast, in Bali you’ll find it served warm or room temperature and slightly al dente. It’s a traditional Indonesian sweet breakfast, snack, or even dessert (as in black rice pudding), often served with sliced bananas or cassava in brown sugar sauce, but always with coconut milk.
How much are meals in Bali?
While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What part of Bali should I stay in?
Ubud, the best place to sleep in Bali and get around the island. Kuta and Legian, one of the most popular areas to stay in Bali. Seminyak, the best neighborhood in Bali to stay in. Canggu, one of the best places to stay in Bali.
What is illegal in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
When should I avoid Bali?
Most crowded months in Bali: March – August & December. Least crowded months in Bali: September – November & January – February.
What is the coldest month in Bali?
The warmest month is April with an average maximum temperature of 34°C (94°F). The coldest month is August with an average maximum temperature of 29°C (85°F). January is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain.